Monday, January 27, 2014

nymphoninjas: Dearest Ninja and Trouble, I’m actually quite...

http://ift.tt/12HYfMd





nymphoninjas:




Dearest Ninja and Trouble,


I’m actually quite nervous about this submission, it’s something I think my followers may know but I’ve ever fully acknowledged on here, and given a milestone that means it’s all in my past now, and the convenient theme of scars I thought it would be ideal to say. I used to have to cover my arms a lot, due to cuts and scratches formed from my depression and self harm, and although my scars aren’t obvious, they also aren’t only physical.


Regardless, I can now proudly say it’s been over a year since I’ve had to hide my arms away and revisiting the closed body language I used to have was quite a nice way to say goodbye to that part of my life and move forward.


Love always, S x


dirtylittlechemist



Thanks for opening up to us and sharing dear. I can relate to that shift that occurs when you no longer feel a need to hide your arms and it’s really liberating. Being able to look back on the struggles we’ve had and to be an example of our successes in moving beyond them is such an achievement. I find I feel a lot of admiration and appreciation for others who have been able to do this, and knowing this part of you adds a new layer of context for me in your involvement in SS. Stay strong and proud.

-Trouble





Reposted via PURE SKIN

No comments:

Post a Comment